Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Storm Front

Double red flags ... just what we didn't want to see today ... meaning the waters are closed today. Thirteen hours of driving to get away from the Texas heat and here we are, landlocked. Actually, it was more like house-locked today, as wave after wave of thunderstorms pounded through. As I write this, the moon is out and tomorrow is promising to be much better than any of our days thus far here on the Florida panhandle. Today was pretty impressive to the kids, though. Just check out this video of the surf today (and keep in mind this was just from a few thunderstorms. I can only imagine what a hurricane kicks up here):


There were still things to do along the beachfront though. I swear I can walk for miles in the sand and not realize how far I've gone. And every now and then, we'd notice something fun to play with ...



And of course we did some beachcombing for seashells ... which we'll save for a later post as every day Claire and I find something new. But even with less than perfect weather, we know we are surrounded by beauty and wildlife, just a few of the little things that makes a vacation so worthwhile.


No comments: