Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Heat and Halloween

Greetings from the F.M., where you can really only think of one thing around this time of year: the heat. Extended forecast ...Thursday, 100; Friday, 100; Saturday, 101; Sunday, 102. I don't care if it's a "dry heat", 102 is damn hot!!

Funny story today: I get home from work and after dinner, we're sitting around on the couch with the kids, Dawnie and Claire on one couch and Daniel and I on the other. Daniel is trying to rough house, as per usual, and the girls are going through a mail order catalogue. All of a sudden, Claire looks up at Dawn and says, "But Mommy, I don't WANT to be the Statue of Liberty for Halloween!!" I look at Dawn with the "You've got to be kidding me" look, and she just busts out in full hysterics. I guess it's another princess costume this year. Don't worry Claire, I'll talk to your mother ...

No comments: