Sunday, August 12, 2007

Preseason





Thank God it's August and real football is almost upon us!! Thursday marked Daniel's first football game. Don't let the photo fool you ... the man was jacked up the whole day getting ready for the game, and I couldn't coax him to leave Texas Stadium until there were only three minutes left in the game. I pondered that thought for it a bit, and couldn't have been more proud. Daniel truly is "mini-me". Years from now, I know he'll be talking about his first NFL game, seeing Peyton Manning and the Colts come into town fresh off their Super Bowl win. As we drove back to Flower Mound, I could hear him in the back seat, talking to himself about the touchdowns and the goalposts and everything else he witnessed in that holy shrine.

Each night, before we go to bed, he has to read his favorite book ... "NFL A-B-C" ...
Except these nights, Daniel follows up each image with " 'member, we saw dat!!" ... Now that's what the preseason is all about.

5 comments:

pghdoc said...

I know why Danny looks so glum--it looks like you were surrounded by Indy fans!

bamatrout said...

We sit on the enemy sideline -- it's more fun that way.

Dave Homrok said...

cute photo of DJ, Matt. Too bad yer not brinin the boah up proper like... I mean bein a cowboys fan an all.... shoot... poor little bugger dont no the difrence...

Hey Matt - how'd you get that word verification thingy down below? I need that for my blog too.

Dave

Dave Homrok said...

BTW - Lowell was clutch tonight - Coco and 'Tek came up big for only the 2nd walk-off this season. Gain one on the skankees... yoo hoo!

bamatrout said...

Dave, to go to the Posting tab on your blog setup page ... one of the options is to have word verification on posting ... just check "yes".